Friday, July 17, 2009

wikispace for educators

We have had some discussion in class about the difference between a wiki and a blog. I mentioned that I have a classroom wikispace. (I do have access to my wiki through my school's server.) Since we are expert bloggers (*wink*) you might want to set up a wiki for your classroom or library.

I sat mine up in September 2008. I didn't use it as much as I intend and hope to do more with it this coming school year. I will post some ideas for usage in a future post.

For my wiki I utilize wikispaces.com. They offer free wikis for K-12 teachers. They allow teachers to choose a wikispace that is private and can only be accessed by members of your wiki. It is very easy to set up your wiki account and wikispaces.com offers tutorials to assist you with all aspects of personalizing and using your wiki.

Here is the link to the website if you are interested in learning more about wikis:

http://www.wikispaces.com/site/for/teachers


Happy Reading!
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment